We’re excited to announce the release of Checkout 4. Our Development Team has been working tirelessly to give you a faster, easier and friendlier Checkout experience.
There are too many enhancements, features and upgrades to list. You can read an overview here.
Just a few of the highlights include:
- Sync with Shopify using the Shopify connector. Checkout 4 customers can sync products, images, and variations between Shopify and Checkout. To get started all you need is a Shopify store and the $10/month Checkout Shopify Connector.
- Faster performance. Checkout’s underlying software components have been updated and upgraded, making for faster performance, better database stability, and more robust data protection.
- Templates have been completely modernized, including printing of orders, sales, invoices and purchase orders.
- Advanced stock control gives you full control over managing stock between your retail and web stores.
- Hardware support improvements.
- Label printing enhancements.
Checkout v3.6 is now available. This update provides Mavericks compatibility and is required in order to run Checkout on Mac OS X 10.9.
IMPORTANT: In order to support the new operating system, Mac OS X 10.5 support has been removed. If you are using Mac OS X 10.5, do not install this update.
Besides Mac OS X 10.9 compatibility, the following was also changed:
• Feature: Added support for AccountEdge Basic v2 for Ledger exports.
• Fixed: Serial Number box on orders disappears on Retina displays
Please choose Check for Updates from the Checkout menu to install this update.
Enstore Manager v2.0 Public Beta
We’ve just rewritten the Enstore Manager which is now available as a public beta. You can visit and bookmark the new manager here:
You’ll notice a new interface and responsive design to support a variety of browsers and devices. You should find it faster and easier to navigate. If you find any bugs, please let us know.
Here’s all the techie details for your enjoyment.
Support for more Browsers:
- IE 9 and up
- Chrome 17 and up
- Safari 5.0 and up (is broken in current version of Enstore Manager)
- Firefox 11 and up
- Opera 12 and up
- Basic support for iOS devices(iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) that support iOS 6 and up
- Basic support for Andorid 4 and up
Application now fits for all screen sizes, there is no need in horizontal scrolling anymore. Depending on the screen size, the application layout adapts itself.
The User Interface has been simplified
- User needs less steps to accomplish many tasks.
- Less popup dialogs and quicker access to all options.
- The User Interface is much simpler compared to previous version.
No wizard forms to create records in table, everything is editable
- Same User Interface for creating new items and editing existing items, simplifies the user experience.
- You can change menu type for records in Menu Table
- You can change payment method type for records in Payment Methods Table
- You can change shipping method type and internationality for records in Shipping Methods Table
User Interface supports Touchable devices and UI
- Popups were replaced with interactive control in table records
- Theme page has been redesigned to support touchable devices.
- Theme Preview open inside application window, is using iFrame
We moved away from Cappuccino (Objective-J)
- Technology is used by thousands of developers, instead of a dozen for Cappuccino
- Easier to use technology, development time was 3x less then Cappucino version
- Ember.js comes with a lot more build-in functionality: Our own source code went to 3000 lines compared to 25000 lines with Cappuccino
- Loading of the website is extremely fast. Download size is now 200KBytes before 4 MBytes.
- The Enstore Manager uses a lot less memory, which helps the performance on mobile devices.
- Refreshing of the screen is faster, for example resizing the web browser window is very fast compared to previous version.
We want to share our latest thinking regarding Checkout’s approach to ecommerce, including Enstore and our plans for integration with Shopify.
Enstore - A Free Hosted Webstore for Basic Needs
We view Enstore, in many ways, as a feature of Checkout. As such, we do not have plans to charge for Enstore. It has been and will continue to be free with no strings attached.
While many of you are happily using Enstore to sell your wares online, we also know some of you have been patiently waiting for additional functionality that is key to your business. We will be releasing an update in the coming weeks that addresses performance, enhanced syncing (with Checkout) and some additional minor fixes. But, to be clear, we view Enstore as a turnkey webstore for etailers with straightforward, simple needs. While we will continue to support and tweak Enstore, as needed, we don’t anticipate adding significant functionality.
Shopify – An Integrated Solution For Those Who Need More Robust Functionality
We recognize that while Enstore may be more than adequate for many businesses, it may not be the perfect fit for yours. As a result, we have been developing integration with Shopify, a best in class, full-featured webstore. You can read more about Shopify here. We expect to release this integration in early Fall.
We will be in touch again soon with an Enstore update, and news on our Shopify integration. Stay tuned. If you have questions, please email or call us at 800-322-6962.
Checkout 3.5.7 addresses issues that were discovered in 3.5.6 and previous releases. This update will prompt for a database upgrade but, for those who are already running Checkout 3.5.6, it will be very quick.
- Fixed: A rare issue related to upgrading FIFO stores has been addressed.
- Fixed: A rare, mistaken error message involving invoicing orders has been removed.
- Fixed: The “Sales” report no longer fails for stores linked to Enstore and using web order taxes.
- Fixed: The “Products Sold” report can be exported again. This was broken in 3.5.6 release.
- Fixed: The “Stock” and “Count Sheet” reports no longer show primary products next to the products’ variations.
- Fixed: The “Stock” report now accurately shows costs when returns are involved.
- Fixed: The “Employee” report no longer fails to display customer names with non-English letters.
Checkout 3.5.6 addresses performance issues and accuracy regarding product costs and margins.
This upgrade includes a brand new implementation of product cost and margin. This implementation is roughly 50x faster than previous versions and also significantly reduces memory usage. Your store’s cost and margin data will be recalculated automatically.
- Fixed: Faster upgrade for those few stores that experienced a very slow upgrade to 3.5. All stores should now be able to upgrade to 3.5.
- Product Manager
- Feature: The stock correction user interface has been changed to allow positive stock corrections to carry an user-provided cost.
- Orders and Sales
- Fixed: A performance problem at payment time involving a sale with a product which has been sold thousands of times has been resolved.
- Fixed: A rare crash involving changing a user’s password has been resolved.
- Feature: Quotes no longer allocate stock.
- Feature: The “Stock” report now shows the default cost and the cost based on your store setting (FIFO or average cost).
- Feature: The “Stock” report now allows you to specify a date range and see product stock/cost at a previous point-in-time.
- Fixed: The “Tax” report now properly calculates VAT tax purchase amounts.
- Fixed: The “Employees” report no longer shows deleted employees and properly displays employees with blank names.
- Fixed: Reports which display margins (“Customers”, “Employees”, “Orders”, “Performance”, “Products Sold”, “Sales”, and “Stock Correction”) now show accurate margin/cost results.
- Fixed: The “Performance by Tag” and “Products by Tag” reports are faster in the case where your store has no Tags defined.