The Acclivity offices (and phones) will be closed Friday, March 29, in observance of Good Friday.
Checkout 3.5.7 addresses issues that were discovered in 3.5.6 and previous releases. This update will prompt for a database upgrade but, for those who are already running Checkout 3.5.6, it will be very quick.
- Fixed: A rare issue related to upgrading FIFO stores has been addressed.
- Fixed: A rare, mistaken error message involving invoicing orders has been removed.
- Fixed: The “Sales” report no longer fails for stores linked to Enstore and using web order taxes.
- Fixed: The “Products Sold” report can be exported again. This was broken in 3.5.6 release.
- Fixed: The “Stock” and “Count Sheet” reports no longer show primary products next to the products’ variations.
- Fixed: The “Stock” report now accurately shows costs when returns are involved.
- Fixed: The “Employee” report no longer fails to display customer names with non-English letters.
Checkout 3.5.6 addresses performance issues and accuracy regarding product costs and margins.
This upgrade includes a brand new implementation of product cost and margin. This implementation is roughly 50x faster than previous versions and also significantly reduces memory usage. Your store’s cost and margin data will be recalculated automatically.
- Fixed: Faster upgrade for those few stores that experienced a very slow upgrade to 3.5. All stores should now be able to upgrade to 3.5.
- Product Manager
- Feature: The stock correction user interface has been changed to allow positive stock corrections to carry an user-provided cost.
- Orders and Sales
- Fixed: A performance problem at payment time involving a sale with a product which has been sold thousands of times has been resolved.
- Fixed: A rare crash involving changing a user’s password has been resolved.
- Feature: Quotes no longer allocate stock.
- Feature: The “Stock” report now shows the default cost and the cost based on your store setting (FIFO or average cost).
- Feature: The “Stock” report now allows you to specify a date range and see product stock/cost at a previous point-in-time.
- Fixed: The “Tax” report now properly calculates VAT tax purchase amounts.
- Fixed: The “Employees” report no longer shows deleted employees and properly displays employees with blank names.
- Fixed: Reports which display margins (“Customers”, “Employees”, “Orders”, “Performance”, “Products Sold”, “Sales”, and “Stock Correction”) now show accurate margin/cost results.
- Fixed: The “Performance by Tag” and “Products by Tag” reports are faster in the case where your store has no Tags defined.
Read on at The Checkout Blog
Checkout 3.5.5 addresses an urgent issue with editing product variations.
- Fixed: Editing product variations where the master product has erroneous stock attached is possible again. Any master product with such stock will have an automatic stock correction applied.
- Fixed: Checkout now activates and deactivates licensing with a new server.
Read on at The Checkout Blog
This release addresses various issues and is recommended for all Checkout users.
- Fixed: Checkout can now be registered even if access to contacts is denied.
- Fixed: Template Manager now handles very large margins properly.
- Fixed: Changing Page Setup now refreshes the template.
- Fixed: The Template Document Margin is now shown in the correct localized number format.
- Fixed: A rare crash related to the creation of a new product is fixed.
- Fixed: When the price of a product is changed, the price will not change in pending orders/quotes/sales that include that product.
- Fixed: The Sales report now always shows the time in the correct time zone.
- Fixed: The Customer report now sorts correctly after loading.
- Fixed: We also added support for .connect AccountEdge setting files during setup.
I want to get right to the point. We’re super excited about the launch of our new video Checkout: Love What You Do.
There’s a reccurring theme we hear whenever we speak with or visit customers. The common thread is the passion that you all have for your small business…you love what you do. And of course you’re using Checkout to help manage your business (and hopefully love it too).
So we started to discuss how we could speak to potential customers about Checkout in way that put a voice to this passion and also communicated that Checkout would be the right Mac point of sale solution for their business.
We contacted some of our customers, enlisted the assistance of a top video team and hit the streets of NYC. We shot over 20 hours of video between three Checkout customers over two days. Back in the studio the raw footage was edited, edited again….and then again.
We think the final product accomplishes our goals. A special thanks to Andrew @Self Edge NYC, Mark @ifixbyx and Christy & Jacki @Stick & Pop for making this possible.
Read on at The Checkout Blog
This release addresses issues upgrading to the latest 3.5 build of Checkout.
Important: This update provides Mountain Lion compatibility and is required in order to run Checkout on Mac OS X 10.8.
- Fixed: Prevented a crash during the configuration of QuickBooks Ledger Export.
- Fixed: Upgrading a store with no invoices no longer fails.
- Fixed: Upgrading a store with double quotes in the name no longer fails.
- Fixed: Restoring a backup with foreign characters in the name no longer fails.
- Fixed: Configurations with older Star Printer drivers now automatically open the cash drawer during automatic printing.
- Fixed: Deleting a product from the Product Label Printing sheet no longer crashes.
- Fixed: The Week of Year token can now be dragged on to the Invoice number template.
- Fixed: The Emerald template can now handle orders that don’t have a customer attached.
- Fixed: The Remaining in Till and the Deposit in Till value wasn’t saved when you didn’t tab out first before hitting Submit button.
- Fixed: The ACH Direct Credit Card Payment form showing black or clear in the input fields has been updated.
- Fixed: We fixed a few random crash cases during startup and making the app active.
- Fixed: The crash dialog “Open Log” and “Reveal Log” buttons function as expected.
- Feature: The crash dialog displays the version and build number of the Checkout running.
If you have already upgraded to 10.8, please download the current version.
Read on at The Checkout Blog
- This will require a database upgrade step that could take a while, so please plan accordingly.
- Last major version that will support Mac OS X 10.5.X
- Feature: Customer Displays now supported. The following models are now supported: Logic Controls TD3000 U, LT900 UP and PD3000 UP.
- Feature: Using the Automatic Printing After Payment option in Store Settings will print receipts/invoices without displaying a dialog to your selected printer.
- Feature: During automatic printing, we detect the first Receipt Printer attached to your computer and use that, no need to make it the default printer.
- Feature: We automatically open all the cash drawers attached to your Receipt Printer, no need to setup anything.
- Feature: Sales paid via Credit Card will now automatically print 2 copies of a receipt.
- Feature: New option to always print out 2 copies of a receipt.
- Feature: A Store Logo can now be printed on a receipt. This can be controlled in the Document and Footer Settings in the Template Manager
- Fixed: Addressed an issue where automatic printing of receipts was not working for a Sale.
- Fixed: Addressed an issue with Edit Variations. Variations can now be edited by selecting your product and clicking Show Variations and then Edit Variations.
- Fixed: Removed a duplicate entry in the Genre Template Variation.
- Performance: Performance has been improved in the magnitude of 5x - 10x faster especially for those stores with thousands of products and invoices especially when Checkout is left running for multiple days without a restart.
- Fixed: The User Interface state like location of the main window and split view location wasn’t saved anymore for some of our users.
- Performance: Various reports have been hand tuned for performances: Countsheet (30 times faster), Sales (5.5 times faster), Tax (11 times faster), Stock (3.3 times faster), Product Sold (2.5 times faster), Employees (4.7x faster), Processed Payments (8x faster), Customer (6x faster)
- Performance: Reports which have been tuned now require far less memory in the order of 5 times less.
- Feature: A series of new custom reports have been added: Discounts Given, Orders, Performance by Brand, Performance by Tag, Price Exception Product By Brand, Product By Tag, Stock Correction
- Feature: Sales report added grand total
- Feature: Tax report shows now extra column with tax exempt sales
- Feature: Brand column now available on the Stock report.
- Feature: New Performance Report replaces the Turnover report.
- Feature: Processed Payments report now shows the total amount.
- Feature: Employees report includes quantity sold instead of number of invoices. The report has also been tuned for performance.
- Feature: Product Sold report includes more detailed information
- Fixed: Sorting for the Count sheet and Product Sold report have been fixed.
- Fixed: Tax and Sales report now work with Enstore sales.
- Fixed: End Of Day report sort by Till # per day, and also have a Total for all Tills per day, also fixed a rounding issue.
- Fixed: Supplier report sort now by company name.
- Fixed: Sales and Pending report print blank for the Customer if the customer has a Company and no contact (first/last). They should print the formatted name which includes both
- Fixed: Tax report now supports orders from Enstore and various other issues with older taxes are fixed.
- Fixed: Sales report some Tax columns were missing and certain tax rates were not appearing.
- Fixed: There about 100 fixes and enhancements done on Reports.
- Fixed: The client inspector Floating Palette disappears when the Checkout.app goes to the background.
- Feature: The database will now continually optimize for performance and because of this the option in Store Preferences->General->This Mac: the “Optimize database performance when idle” has been removed. When upgrading to v3.5 Checkout will optimize the full database at this time which will take additional time to complete.
- Fixed Made sure that the 1st invoice numbers is a valid number
- Fixed: Made sure that only valid characters are used in the invoice number pattern.
- Feature: When exporting a Ledger, the previous chosen format is taken.
- Performance: Ledger export is about 20x faster