Read on at The Checkout Blog
- This will require a database upgrade step that could take a while, so please plan accordingly.
- Last major version that will support Mac OS X 10.5.X
- Feature: Customer Displays now supported. The following models are now supported: Logic Controls TD3000 U, LT900 UP and PD3000 UP.
- Feature: Using the Automatic Printing After Payment option in Store Settings will print receipts/invoices without displaying a dialog to your selected printer.
- Feature: During automatic printing, we detect the first Receipt Printer attached to your computer and use that, no need to make it the default printer.
- Feature: We automatically open all the cash drawers attached to your Receipt Printer, no need to setup anything.
- Feature: Sales paid via Credit Card will now automatically print 2 copies of a receipt.
- Feature: New option to always print out 2 copies of a receipt.
- Feature: A Store Logo can now be printed on a receipt. This can be controlled in the Document and Footer Settings in the Template Manager
- Fixed: Addressed an issue where automatic printing of receipts was not working for a Sale.
- Fixed: Addressed an issue with Edit Variations. Variations can now be edited by selecting your product and clicking Show Variations and then Edit Variations.
- Fixed: Removed a duplicate entry in the Genre Template Variation.
- Performance: Performance has been improved in the magnitude of 5x - 10x faster especially for those stores with thousands of products and invoices especially when Checkout is left running for multiple days without a restart.
- Fixed: The User Interface state like location of the main window and split view location wasn’t saved anymore for some of our users.
- Performance: Various reports have been hand tuned for performances: Countsheet (30 times faster), Sales (5.5 times faster), Tax (11 times faster), Stock (3.3 times faster), Product Sold (2.5 times faster), Employees (4.7x faster), Processed Payments (8x faster), Customer (6x faster)
- Performance: Reports which have been tuned now require far less memory in the order of 5 times less.
- Feature: A series of new custom reports have been added: Discounts Given, Orders, Performance by Brand, Performance by Tag, Price Exception Product By Brand, Product By Tag, Stock Correction
- Feature: Sales report added grand total
- Feature: Tax report shows now extra column with tax exempt sales
- Feature: Brand column now available on the Stock report.
- Feature: New Performance Report replaces the Turnover report.
- Feature: Processed Payments report now shows the total amount.
- Feature: Employees report includes quantity sold instead of number of invoices. The report has also been tuned for performance.
- Feature: Product Sold report includes more detailed information
- Fixed: Sorting for the Count sheet and Product Sold report have been fixed.
- Fixed: Tax and Sales report now work with Enstore sales.
- Fixed: End Of Day report sort by Till # per day, and also have a Total for all Tills per day, also fixed a rounding issue.
- Fixed: Supplier report sort now by company name.
- Fixed: Sales and Pending report print blank for the Customer if the customer has a Company and no contact (first/last). They should print the formatted name which includes both
- Fixed: Tax report now supports orders from Enstore and various other issues with older taxes are fixed.
- Fixed: Sales report some Tax columns were missing and certain tax rates were not appearing.
- Fixed: There about 100 fixes and enhancements done on Reports.
- Fixed: The client inspector Floating Palette disappears when the Checkout.app goes to the background.
- Feature: The database will now continually optimize for performance and because of this the option in Store Preferences->General->This Mac: the “Optimize database performance when idle” has been removed. When upgrading to v3.5 Checkout will optimize the full database at this time which will take additional time to complete.
- Fixed Made sure that the 1st invoice numbers is a valid number
- Fixed: Made sure that only valid characters are used in the invoice number pattern.
- Feature: When exporting a Ledger, the previous chosen format is taken.
- Performance: Ledger export is about 20x faster